1. Soft puppet or hard figure?
Soft puppets and hard figures are put together differently. They're construction is as unique as any real person's, and each needs to be designed a certain way.
2. Who's going to build your partner?
I've seen many great works out there by many of the best puppet/figure builders around. I've studied them so much, I like to think I have a feeling for their style. So, I can design to their style of work.
3. Who is the character?
- Their name
- What's their personality? Are they a goof, cheeky type, old man/woman, grumpy, sneaky
- Are they human or an animal...or something else? What animal? What creature?
- Do they have a certain profession they'll portray?
4. Full or half body?
Full-body characters are usually used by ventriloquists, while half-
body characters are usually used for puppet stages. *If your character is a stage puppet,
will they have rod or glove arms?
5. Costume design?
Will I need to design a costume as well as the character? Or, will
you simply take care of finding them clothes yourself?
Write me a detailed e-mail about the character you invision. Include sketches of your own, no matter how crude they may look, they could help.
Give me a ring and tell me all about your ideas!
*See contact info to tell me all about it!